Monday, April 21, 2008

Toledo, OH


In Toledo today, oh yeah, hitting up all the big spots. But, in truth, I have learned that cities like Toledo don't have too much going on and will definitely cover our bus. Yes, today we had three TV stations come. One put us on live at 9:00, did a story at 12:00, 5:30, 6:00 and presumably 11:00.
Toledo seemed like a good school. A nice mall, a lot going on, great weather with tons of people out, not many cute ladies, eh. I was sick again, and not up to par and bringing people to the bus. Damn my frail immune system. Great weather again, though.

Grade: B+


Over the weekend we were at my co-worker JJ's parent's house in the Northwest corner of Ohio. This is where he grew up, and it was much different than where I grew up. Yeah, it was pretty much a farm. There were dogs and puppies and cats and rabbits running around all over. Funny stuff. Always great to get off the bus and eat real food. Met some of JJ's friends. Good people, all of them married with kids, so kind of weird for me. JJ also has a close family, pretty much all of whom I met. Tonight we had dinner at his Panamanian grandmothers. Then his 4 year old niece and her 3 year old friend came over and it was pretty much like a sitcom. Everyone was talking at once, everyone was laughing at something, most of the time I had little idea what was going on, but it was pretty funny.

I'll leave you with a fun picture.

No comments: