Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Ithaca, NY

Alright, so Ithaca was definitely a step up from Scranton and Binghamton. I mean it was no paradise, but it was ok, very a much the combination of hippie college town and rural upstate New York. I got to see old summer interns Kaitlyn and Joel, very cool. Probably the highlight of the city.

The stop itself went well. Ithaca College, not Cornell, alma mater of my favorite Office character Andy Bernard. IC has a real quality communications department. I was interview probably 7 times, 3 times from students from version types of school news, but it must be said that the students asked much better questions than the real reporters. Two TV stations came up from Binghamton and really had no idea what was going on. One of them, this girl was like 6'2", asked where the bathroom was as soon as she got out of her car and was like upset that I didn't know exactly where it was. Geez. Yeah, but it was a fun day, went by very quickly.

Grade: A- : Oh and the bus broke down in the evening on the way to Albany.
To be continued...........


Since this post is so lame, I added a video of one of the students I talked to at St. John's. He was my first interview - straight up Long Island Greaser - and I was a little worried I was going to be in for a long day. (None of the other kids were as dumb as this guy. Some were even intelligent.)

No comments: