Monday, March 31, 2008

Star Wars/Lord of the Rings Madness

Wow, it's already the last day of March. To continue the March Madness theme, I've decided to put together another bracket. This time, it's a non-holds barred, 64 player throwdown. It is also by far the dorkiest thing I have ever done. I mean, I've called myself out before for being a dork, but after this, there is no doubt, no hiding from it, no ever, ever denying it. In fact, if there was a dork convention I might be president.
Welcome to Dorksville, USA Population: Me

But c'mon, it kind of makes sense. Right? A huge bracket with characters from two of the greatest movie franchises ever. People have often tried to compare Star Wars and Lord of the Rings. It's a tough task. But how would Aragorn fair against Han Solo? or Gandalf against Obi-wan? or Merry vs. Pippen? These are important (Grade-A dork) questions. Nows the time you can help develop the answers.'
It's pretty simple. 64 characters in single elimination "matchups" to determine the best character of the bunch. Vote for who you like best I guess, not who would win in a fight, just who you think is the best character. Again, vote by posting or by email. I'll try to mess with some poll stuff for later rounds. 4 regions are Endor, Hoth, Mordor, and the Shire. My coolness never ceases to amazing. So vote, have fun, pick some upsets, but definitely check it out because this is by far the most work I have ever put into a post.

No comments: