Friday, March 7, 2008

The Greatness of Mario Kart


I am again living with a large number of people. Sometimes things are weird when you are bored, and this really isn't our house, so we don't have everything you need to stave off boredem. And for some reason I thought of pretty much the funnest thing I did back the last time I lived with a number of people- Mario Kart!

Yes, no doubt. The greatest video game ever. To get it's full potential, you have to play at least 3 players on 100 or 150cc. Four is ideal.
The last time I lived with a number of people was college (well except for this summer, but there was no boredom thanks to drinking, teachers, firefighters, and pub quiz, but mostly drinking) was in college. Five guys two floors of a house pretty nice. But during the week we were kind of lame. We played a lot of video games- Fifa, NCAA 2006, Mario Party, but nothing compared to Mario Kart. I am talking about the N64 version of course. We would consistantly play all 16 races in a row. And, because of the game play, it was always close and entertaining. Feelings were often hurt, names were called, lots of swearing and complaining the game was unfair, but always a great time. Such a simple game too.
My racer of choice: Wario
Best Levels: Wario's Stadium, DK's Jungle Parkway, Frappe Snowland
Hardest Levels: Yoshi's, Banshee Boardwalk.

Yeah, I'm pretty much a dork, but I hope Mario Kart will continue to bring race after race of fun.
Best video game ever!

1 comment:

William said...

MarioKart64...is there any greater 4-player game in the world? My old neighbors in college played that game every night after dinner, so in the late evenings we'd randomly hear "FUCK YOU PEACH" and "GODDAMMIT WARIO."