Thursday, December 20, 2007

Lionel Hutz

Over the past few years, Lionel Hutz has developed into my favorite Simpsons character. He is consistantly funny and not overused, both very important. I guess he is a lower second tier characeter, first tier being the family, probably Mr. Burns and Flanders, second tier Moe, Barney, Ralph (over-rated), and lower, lesser seen and loved charaters like Lenny and Carl and Lionel Hutz.

It is those middle level characters that make the show. Hutz is the prime example of this.
There is a lack of Simpsons video online, probably copyright stuff, so I'll give you a number of quotes to prove my case, kind of like a trial-thingy.

It's hard to determine the "best" Hutz quote, so I won't. Here are a sampling of ones that make me laugh. I think I've used Lionel Hutz quotes no less than 4 times this past month as my gchat status.

(Speaking about Homer getting kicked out of the All-you-can-eat- buffet)
Hutz: This is the greatest case of false advertising I've seen since I sued the movie The Never Ending Story.
Homer: So you think I have a case?
Hutz: Mr. Simpson, I don't use the word 'hero' lightly, but you are the greatest hero in American History.

Hutz: Mrs Simpson, don't you worry. I watched Matlock in bar last night. The sound wasn't on, but I think I got the jist of it.

(I think this was his first appearance)
Hutz: Mr. Simpsosn, the state forbids me from promising a big cash settlment. But just between you and me, I promise you a big cash settlement.

(After Hutz ran out of the court room)
Homer: He left his briefcase. Hey, it's just full of shredded newspapers.

Captain: Twas a moonless night, dark as pitch, when out of the mist came a beast more stomach than man.
Homer: Hey
Captain: So I says "Batten down the mizzenmast, mates"
Hutz: Captain McAllister, isn't it a fact that you're not a real captain?
Captain: (in shame) aye

Hutz: Well, he's kind of had it in for me since I accidently ran over his dog. Actually, replace 'accidently' with 'repeatedly', and 'dog' with 'son'.

Hutz: Now Apu, Mrs. Simpson claims she forgot she was carrying that bottle of.....delcious bourbon. Brownest of the Brown liqours. What's that? You want me to drink you? But I'm in the middle of the trial.

Hutz: (watching LA Law) Oh, sure, like lawyers work in big skyscapers and have seccretaries. Look at him. He's wearing a belt! There's hollywood for you.

Yes only some of the best click here for a link to more Lionel Hutz
Phil Hatman was a genious. Damn his wife. Damn her.
Stay tuned for more Simpsons post in the future as well as a look at Christmas movies later this week.
AC said 10%

No comments: