Monday, December 3, 2007

Best Sports Movies (Part V)

6.) Field of Dreams (1989)
Tagline: All his life, Ray Kinsella was searching for his dreams. Then one day, his dreams came looking for him.



"If you build it they will come." Probably one of the most famous quotes in movies over the past couple decades, but I like the scene above much better. James Earl Jones aka Terence Mann. Pretty nice. I also love his earlier line, "We got learning disability here?"
Great movie. James Earl Jones, Kevin Costner, Burt Lancaster, Ray Liotta, Gaby Hoffman (what happened to her?) Pretty much everyone comes out better in the end. Dreams do come true. I love Moonlight Graham sacrificing his chance to play ball to save the daughter. I love the brother getting served in the end. Maybe even makes me want to "have a catch".
All the scenes with interchange between Terence and Ray are awesome. Ease his muthafuckin' pain. Oh, and a bonus is the James Earl Jones scene below from Seasme Street. Yes!



5.) Caddyshack
(1980)
Tagline: At last, a comedy that bites!




Pretty much one of the funniest movies ever. I really don't have to say much about it. It speaks for itself. The montage is great, plus a Journey song. Gotta love it. Maybe not high enough, but the last four are banging, and I think the gofer gets a little too much play.
Chevy Chase's performance was awesome, by far the best. (See the best scene below.) Here's some more.

Judge Smails: You know you should play with Dr. Bepper and myself. Why he's been the club champion for three years running and I'm no slouch myself.
Ty Webb: Don't sell yourself short Judge, you're a tremendous slouch.

Ty Webb: I like you Betty.
Danny Noonan: It's Danny sir.
Ty: Danny

Ty: Do you take drugs Danny?

Danny: Every day.
Ty: Good. Then what's your problem?
Danny: I don't know.

Ty (singing and playing piano to the Judges hot neice): I was born to love you/ I was born to lick your face/I was born to rub you/ but you were born to rub me first/ ...What do you say we take this out on the patio?

Judge: What did you shoot today?
Ty: Oh, judge, I don't keep score.
Judge: Then how do you measure yourself with other golfers?
Ty: By height.

Lacey Underall: My uncle says you got a screw loose.
Ty: Your uncle molests collies.

Ty: Remember Danny- two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left.

No comments: