Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Things I don't like about Jeopardy

I really enjoy Jeopardy. It is one of my favorite shows. I'll be on it someday. I like Alex Trebek, but sometimes he annoys me. So, I'm compiling a list of things about Jeopardy that I don't like.
Here you go.- The long commercial break before final Jeopardy
- overly complex "Before and After" questions. Yesterday there was "No Country for Old Men in Trees" and "There will be Blood oranges" Lame.
- Talking to the contestants after the first commercial. Is that ever interesting?
- When Trebek infers that an answer nobody got is obvious
- When Trebek unnecessarily extravagantly pronounces foreign words
- When contestants try to keep going before the commercial break and Trebek cuts them off "Actually, that will have to wait until after the break."
- Word game categories, like homonyms and words within words
- Celebrity Jeopardy
- Children's Jeopardy. It's rather shoot off my own testicles than watch Children's Jeopardy. How disappointed are you when you sit down to watch and that is on?
- When Trebek lost the 'stache
- when they link all the categories. I think the last time I saw that there were all John Steinbeck novels. Boo-urns.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, get rid of kids' Jeopardy, and cut out the contestant interviews. That would make room for another five-question group each round, easy.

My other dislike is the Video Daily Double that is just a tape of a person reading the clue. That would screw up my wagering thought process as a visual learner. The video needs to be an integral part of the clue.