Friday, February 20, 2009

Simpsons Best Episodes Countdown Begins!

Yes, I have alluded to this many times in the past, but it is finally here, THE SIMPSONS BEST EPISODES COUNTDOWN.

This is tough stuff, tough stuff. There are over 400 episodes to choose, from, and we all know the last 8-10 years have not been very good, but there is still SO MUCH quality, so much to laugh at.
Criteria will be how funny it is (obviously), how memorable it is, how well the episode flows, how well the humor holds up over time (is it still funny after several viewings?), and just overall likability.
I will again be using the tier system, I am really, how can you compare Stark Raving Dad vs. Radioactive Man or Flaming Moe's vs. King Size Homer?
There will be 4 tiers plus honorable mention, but the top tier, the TOP 13 Simpsons Episodes will be ranked. Nice. In all, there are almost 100 episodes on this list, episodes at least worthy of mention when talking about great Simpson's Episodes.


We will start will honorable mention, in no particular order......

Treehouse of Horror II - monkey's paw, "The turkey's a little dry"
Itchy & Scratchy Land -
We need more "Bort" license plates in the gift shop.  I repeat,
we are sold out of "Bort" license plates.
Lisa The Iconoclast
Homer the Smithers
When Flanders Failed - " Ned Flanders is in trouble?!!!!!"
Much Apu About Nothing - 47 Star Flag
Homerpalooza - Hey, my shoes are talking too!
The Telltale Head
Homer vs the 18th Amendment - Must have been that bean I ate
King of the Hill - Murderhorn
Thirty Minutes of Tokyo
Life on the Fast Lane - Tell him I'm going to the back seat of my car with the woman I love, and I won't be back for ten minutes!
Dancing Homer
Saturdays of Thunder
Lisa the Greek
Old Money - the scene with people trying to get grandpa's money is definitely the precursor to the oil money in Who Shot Mr. Burns Pt 1
Bart the Daredevil
Homer vs the 8th Commandment- this is one of the first episodes I really remember watching
El Viaje Misterioso de Neustro Jomer
Treehouse of Horror VII-
Kodos: It's true, we are aliens. But what are you going to do about
it? It's a two-party system; you have to vote for one of us.
[murmurs]
Man1: He's right, this is a two-party system.
Man2: Well, I believe I'll vote for a third-party candidate.
Kang: Go ahead, throw your vote away.
[Kang and Kodos laugh out loud]
[Ross Perot smashes his "Perot 96" hat]





There you go, and that was just honorable mention, some classic episodes already.
I'm sure as we go on more feather's will be rustled, more feelings hurt. This is indeed a touchy subject.

You are encouraged to post other great quotes and moments from these episodes.

No comments: