Tuesday, February 17, 2009

11 Straight Years?

The Wisconsin Badger Basketball team has made the NCAA tournament 10 straight years. That is pretty good, but will they make it 11? That is a big question now. As of today, I would say Wisconsin is a solid bubble team.
They can go either way.

At the beginning of the year, I would have put them in the tournament in a heartbeat. I expected them to be the 3rd best team in the Big 10 after Michigan State and Purdue. The started out fine, but then hit a horrible stretch. A few weeks ago, it definitely looked like they would be NIT bound this year, but they have recently righted themselves.

So will they make it?
I say yes.

There remaining schedule has Indiana twice, Michigan at home, and at Minnesota and Michigan State. If they win at Michigan State or Minnesota, they will be a lock. If not, they will remain on the bubble until the conference tournament.
It helps that they have the 4th toughest schedule this year and that the Big 10 is better this year.I was worried for a bit, but things are looking up. I see one NCAA tourney win.

1 comment:

jUNKIE said...

I share your optimism regarding Wisconsin. A win over Minnesota or Michigan State down the line would be huge. Not to mention a strong run in the tournament. Right now we are the bubble, but a few more wins should steer us into the tourney. Go Badgers!